Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me??

Hi! It's my birthday. I am officially a 30-something today. I'm not in my 20's, I'm not the big 3-0, I'm a 30-something.

It's funny, this birthday thing. I kind of feel entitled to "Something Special" today, just because it's my birthday. It has been a nice day so far. I indulged on coffee and a muffin this morning, got taken out for nice lunch with a pizza and a marg.

But, here I am with my usual birthday conundrum. Birthday's are the one day a year that are your day. However, it seems like my birthday, to most, isn't so important. Some expect large parties and presents and special outings for their big day. I don't, I would just like to have a few friends out for dinner and a little bit of fuss made over me. For some reason it seems to be a chore to some. W. didn't even call to wish me Happy Birthday this morning, my sister doesn't really want to come for dinner tonight, my friends SO probably won't bother to show up. Yet, for all of them, I'd be the first one there.

I feel a bit spoiled, with this attitude, but hey, it is my birthday after all.

No comments: